"A Lagoon Surrounds it All" Orbetello by BruceDunning
Orbetello Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
It was closed when we got there, but I can imagine it is worth a tour inside. In spite of the dirty appearance outside, I would hope the artifacts are well maintained.
The town was under control of many countries over the years; Spanish, Austrians, French because it was a strong point to control water traffic in area and the Tyreann Sea
The town was an Etruscan settlement and Romans got control in 232 BC. The Aldobrandeschi family held control until 124th century, and then Siena took over. That was lost at times to foreigners invading to take control of the territory.
- Pros:Well preserved facade of buildings.
- Cons:Not a lot to do after the walk through
- In a nutshell:Good smaller town that is manageable to walk
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Orbetello Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Orbetello
- Transportation in Orbetello
- Warnings and Dangers in Orbetello
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orbetello
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Orbetello?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orbetello
- Commented on one of breughel's Orbetello travel pages
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- updated a Orbetello Travel Page "A Lagoon Surrounds it All"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Lagoon Surrounds it All"
- Wrote a Review Park the vehicle in Orbetello Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos