"The Icon" Rome by BruceDunning
Rome Travel Guide: 12,223 reviews and 27,410 photos
The Colosseum is obviously the most inconic landmark for the city. It is overwhelming to walk into and around to get the feel for the sheer magnitude that once held 60,000 patrons, now about 5,000 tourists daily
- Pros:So many historical sites to see and observe history
- Cons:Traffic is maddening and everyone is in a hurry
- In a nutshell:The city is so steeped in history, it needs a lot of study
Tradition of Swiss guards still looking after the Pope. This goes back to the days of them being mercenary soldiers and... more travel advice
It has been in Papel hands since 1506, and for most of the time was the central seat of Catholicism for the world. There... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "weekends in Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 12 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos