"Old Culture" Sorano by BruceDunning
Sorano Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 25 photos
Looking down, you can see caves where Etruscans lived to begin with until creating the village. There are tours all around the area pointing out the many caves on the hills.
Entrance to the inner fortress area
The downward side of village. Take the winding streets down the the clock tower. There you can climb to the top and view the area around the hills. The fortress and the castle were built in the 1400-1500's and have two parts for protection.
- Pros:Nice and quite when we were there -to ourselves
- Cons:A couple of good views of sites-museum
- In a nutshell:Not necessarily a tourism type community
The town has tracings back to before the 3rd century BC. It was a defensive fortress for centuries and controlled by... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Sorano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Culture"
- "Another great example of the southern Tuscan hill"
- "Check my Grosseto's home page"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sorano
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Sorano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorano
Photos in SoranoSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos