"Little sea village" Talamone by BruceDunning
Talamone Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 29 photos
Marshy area around this village with a bay. This is a small village, and still has the old fishing boats go out daily to get a catch. The little harbor is quite and peaceful, surrounded by shops and eateries along the one road parallel to the shoreline.
Across is a hotel that looked interesting. The coast is rough. From the castle, the views are great. At the across inlet is a hotel with beach amenities and a path to get down the steep decline/incline. This overlooks a small hotel in that alcove. It seemed rather unique and a long walk down to the water using stairs appeared adventuresome.
The ruins were actually that. They had been evacuated some time ago and not much to see of take pics. The site was an Etruscan settlement, and later Roman stronghold that defended the Tyrean coast from this Talamonaccioi hill. After that it was almost abandoned, until Sienna built the fortress. it became a part of the Spanish Garrisons until 1801, and 1841 went over to Tuscany Grand Ducky.
It is a bit of a walk up there and slightly steep-but not bad. When you get there, you cannot go in and it is really a lot of rock.
- Pros:Slow pace is fine for most. WE walked the area
- Cons:Not much to see in village.
- In a nutshell:Little to do here-Museum was closed when we were there
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Talamone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The perfect spot: enjoy kite and windsurf!"
- "Little sea village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Talamone
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Talamone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Talamone
Photos in TalamoneSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos