"Nothing for Me" Viareggio by BruceDunning
Viareggio Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 35 photos
The beach looked very large and clean. The problem is that is appears all to be private, so that costs money. The city name means "way of the kings". The old new city is only from early 1500's when Lucca wanted access to the sea and the town became commerciliazed. Before then, the Romans used it as an outpost against the Ligurians from 100AD. It became a mecca for fishing and boat building.
Traffic and parking can be a problem, but the streets are wide and the whole area feels "clean". There are tree forests at either end, making the area beautiful in color.
The pier to the end is a nice view of the city and some locals fish here.
The geographic view shows how a narrow sliver of land is along the beach and then the mountains climb right into the peaks. The Appenine and Apuan moutains make up a lot of the territory north of Lucca. Along the sea and that level are of course Viareggio, going up to Massa and Carrara area. They make use of the beach amenities/
- Pros:Lovely view of the city and ocean
- Cons:Getting into the city is a hassle and then the beach costs
- In a nutshell:It is fine if you stay here, but ot come for a day is not fun
Every year for 133 years, this has been a main draw for locals and tourists alike. It is a three week festival that is a... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Viareggio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nothing for Me"
- "V I A R E G G I O"
- "Viareggio, Tuscany"
- "Viareggio è il Carnevale"
- "One day in Viareggio"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Viareggio
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Viareggio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Viareggio
Photos in ViareggioSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos