"Build Well with Palladio touch" Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza by BruceDunning
Vicenza Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 856 photos
This is one piazza called Piazza Signori which connects with Piazza Erbe to make one big piazza. There are long and elegant buildings in these squares. Basillica Pallidiana is the main feature, however, when we were there, much of the facade was under restoration.
A quite lovely museo that features many works of art, paintings and statues.
The city is relatively easy to get around after you know the difference between right and left. It took a while to get into the inner part of the city from the autostrada. Fiume Adiga comes from up in the hills and grows as it reaches toward the Adriatic Ocean.
The city ws made wealthy form gold, and at one time they accounted for 35% of Italy gold exports. Most have worked in this industry since 1300's, and even to this day a number of locals rely on the precious mineral for livelihood.
- Pros:Unique sites to take in different from some spots
- Cons:It takes some walking to get around to see it all
- In a nutshell:At the core of the Corso are many sites and continues
The stores along this street are elegant and mostly high end, not for most tourists. The locals come down here to shop... more travel advice
These are some typical views of the castle and the water side. People could be horrific in the summer. The whole... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Vicenza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VICENZA - Andrea Palladio's town"
- "Vicenza - "Venezia on terra firma""
- "Build Well with Palladio touch"
- "Hello Palladio, looking for Tiepolo, and finding!"
- "Citta Del Palladio"
- "Vicenza, Citta di Palladio"
- "Vicenza; home of Palladio and his architecture"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vicenza
- Hotels in Vicenza
- Transportation in Vicenza
- Nightlife in Vicenza
- Restaurants in Vicenza
- Shopping in Vicenza
- Warnings and Dangers in Vicenza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vicenza
- 46 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Vicenza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vicenza
Photos in VicenzaSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Vicenza hotel reviews
- Europa Hotel Vicenza
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 4, 2013
- Hotel Villa Michelangelo
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Continental Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Due Mori
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Hotel Da Porto
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- 1 Review & Opinion
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 26, 2013
- Viest Hotel Vicenza
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Hotel Victoria Residence
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Boscolo De La Ville
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013