"Wonderful views from Donau river" Weltenburg by BruceDunning
Weltenburg Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 58 photos
The Benedictine Abbey has been on the river since early 1700's. It was built over 1713-36 and paid for by the wealthy Asam Brothers, who also built Asam Church in Ingolstadt.
A brewery became famous from the hard work of the monks. It is said to be the oldest monastery brewery in the world. Now the people come and drink; some also eat and do not even pay attention to the church and the reason the abbey was erected--religion. It is time to get drunk for most.
- Pros:Still a great church inside
- Cons:A down right shame to not recognize religion-not drinking
- In a nutshell:A short sto here to see the rive rviews
It is said part of the obligation/tradition of monks is to provide hospitality beside oversee parish duties. Well, this... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Weltenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monastery of Weltenburg"
- "Pay homage at the world's oldest monastic brewery!"
- "The granite canyon of the Danube"
- "Wonderful views from Donau river"
- "Weltenburg Abbey"
- "Kloster Weltenburg"
- "beer beer beer bear beer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Weltenburg
- Transportation in Weltenburg
- Restaurants in Weltenburg
- Shopping in Weltenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Weltenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weltenburg
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Weltenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weltenburg
Photos in WeltenburgSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos