"A Long Stretch of Dalmatian Coast" Croatia by BruceDunning
Croatia Travel Guide: 13,293 reviews and 38,262 photos
The dog is the symbol of the country and hardly see them any more. The name derives from the Dalmaete, an Illyrian tribe that settled here in 1st century BC.
A proud culture that has endured many trials and trivulations over 2000 years. For the first time in recent decades, Croatia is a country that controls itself. That sect settled here in around 700 AD, but the area has been under control of Illyrians, Romans, Ostagoths, Greeks, Lombards, and lately Austria, and Germany, and was a part of the Yugoslavia composite of many cultures and ethnicity
The coast has a beautiful setting, and the color of the water is deep blue to green in some areas. It all looks clean and pristine. The attraction for many tourists is to partake the water activities and boat rides to the islands. There are 165 main islands, and hundreds of smaller ones surrounding the coast area.
- Pros:Weather and scenery are great
- Cons:Long trip end to end, and roads are rough; winding
- In a nutshell:A wonderful place to enjoy the sun and see historic monuments
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Croatia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY CROATIA"
- "Idyllic Croatia"
- "Hrvatska for Europe!"
- "A road trip through Croatia"
- "Natural Beauty and Stunning History"
- " A WEEK IN CROATIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Croatia
- Hotels in Croatia
- Transportation in Croatia
- Nightlife in Croatia
- Restaurants in Croatia
- Shopping in Croatia
- Warnings and Dangers in Croatia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Croatia
- 310 Reviews
- 1,115 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Croatia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Croatia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos