Bayreuth Restaurant Tips by BruceDunning
Bayreuth Restaurants: 4 reviews and 6 photos
Picture of the food plate
The food was good and hearty with a full plate to fill up the empty palet. The locals come here to eat during their lunch hour, or suburban locals also show up here; not many tourists. I was surprised how crowded it was form opening until 3PM when we dropped by to eat.
Prices are more than I expected because we thought it was a fast food fare. The ham shank was like 10 Euro, and the beer 4,50 Euro
Favorite Dish: The ham shank, or course. It had a nice crisp coating for the fat rendered, and alongside the usual kraut and dumplilngs.
Address: Maximillian Strasse 33
Comparison: more expensive than average
Schnitzel on the platter
It was great and the married couple served nearly all locals, since tourists did not come in here to try the fare, but should have. It is right on the main street for shopping. Prices are around 7 Euro for a plate of met and fries. Beer for 1/2 liter was 3 Euro-Yeh.
It was small with maybe holding 40 people, and that is good. The owners were efficient and friendly, even though could not understand all my try at Deutsch speaking
Favorite Dish: Schnitzel is always the best, and this had a super gravy on top that was mushroom base. Melted in the mouth along with the capers
Address: Ludwigsstrasse -BAdstrasse
Comparison: about average
Directions: Main street of the old town just east of Sternplatz
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (21)
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Bayreuth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Quaint German Town"
- "The capital of moslem sleepers - by Jorg"
- "Bayreuth: a secret well kept"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayreuth
- Hotels in Bayreuth
- Transportation in Bayreuth
- Nightlife in Bayreuth
- Restaurants in Bayreuth
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayreuth
- See All...
Explore the World
- Six Mile Bottom Hotels
- Nafplio Hotels
- Weißenthurm Hotels
- Söderköping Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bayreuth
- 23 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Bayreuth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayreuth
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Wrote a Review BAyreuth Card in Bayreuth Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kronach-Rosenberg Castle"
- updated a Bayreuth Travel Page "Wonderful Quaint German Town"
- Commented on one of MichaelFalk1969's Bayreuth travel pages
Photos in BayreuthSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Bayreuth hotel reviews
- Grunau Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012