"Living community with old Wealth" Donauwörth by BruceDunning
Donauwörth Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 180 photos
Town hall from 1236 is at the end of the main street, and today has administrative offices here, with the tourist office next door-left.
The town was supposedly founded by two fishermen who lived on Reid Island. The Wornitz river split into two channels, making it easier to ford and a bridge put over it.
This is the arched gate leading to an island separated by the Wornitz river. It has some restaurants and gift shops, but also meant to be a living environment for the locals to to be off the main street of town.
Layout of the town main streets. The main street is Reichstrasse that is about two blocks long. There is basically only one street in the town that has commerce and commercial venue. In the heart of town is the Town Hall dating back to 1236.
- Pros:Many beautiful and ornate buildings
- Cons:After walking tow blocks-not much else here
- In a nutshell:A short stay of a few hours is fine.
There are shops, restaurants, and a museum beside just nice looking buildings on the island. It is entered through... more travel advice
This is the main feature along the Reichstrasse-or one of them. It has the archaeological museum and also the stadt... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Donauwörth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colourful Town on the Romantic Road"
- "Living community with old Wealth"
- "Wonderful Donauworth"
- "A Wombat in Donauwörth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Donauwörth
- Hotels in Donauwörth
- Transportation in Donauwörth
- Restaurants in Donauwörth
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Donauwörth
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Donauwörth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Donauwörth
Photos in DonauwörthSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos