"Travel is a Cultural Learning Experience" BruceDunning's Profile
For September I visited Sacramento Californis, many old gold mining towns, and Yosemite Park. A great trip with some hiking and good sites.
Sacramento is a nice capitol city with good siteseeing
Nevada City is one of the original gold mining towns and many preserved buildings
Auburn is a fine town to shop, eat and see old town buildings from 1860's
I spent the May month seeing a lot of New Mexico.
It was a great trip and for your pleasure are links to the towns with the tips underlying. I hope you enjoy the hikes especially. The terrain is rugged and wonderful.
Albuquerque is loaded with churches, Spanish & Indian history, museums and great scenery for hikes and challenge
Santa Fe is the hub of art, with wonderful region of unique rock formations to venture into
Taos has many museums and mountains of beauty
National parks and remote areas in Utah & Arizona. The well known park is Grand Canyon, but many other greatparks-Petrified Forest, Bryce Canyon, -Grand Staircase, Natural Bridges area, Capitol Reef,and Arches Park.
The thing I like most about VT--IS--it is a guide to layout a template for travels. I plan my own and rely on some of the
VT members for tips. I enjoy planning trips and that takes about 1/3 of the time frame, then the trip is another 1/3, and uploading pictures and comments the last 1/3. VT is a great hobby, as well as learning about our culture/surroundings. My intent is to provide pictures that show the places, and make factual comments so people can decide what is important to see/do. I hope people appreciate my efforts, and reflect that with rating the pages as a token of their thanks for what may have helped them in what they want to know.
The town is located on peaks in between valleys, and pretty remote from other areas. The nature scenery around the town is super
This church is 300+ years old and still used for services and events. It is 4 foot adobe walls on the outside and wonderful sanctuary.
It is a city that thrives downtown, but the major viewing and outdoor adventure is around the Sandia Moutains that stretch 25 miles on the east side
Bandelier National Park has many Indian pueblos carved out of the rock, but also hikes like this going away from the crowds is a 3 mile hike to a great waterfall.
In the remote/wilderness area there are a number of places to see/do along the 40 mile ride. Hot springs include this one where people go into the pools to relax and get therapy.
One of the more fascinating places to view is at the bridge, just NW of Taos about 30 miles. There are hiking trails, or simply viewing the drop of 800 feet to the carved out river below
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- Ottawa Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Pensacola Beach Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 3,571 Reviews
- 12,134 Photos
- 26 Countries
- 249 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
- Commented on one of BruceDunning's Sacramento travel pages
- BruceDunning and yumyum are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Travel is a Cultural Learning Experience"
- Wrote a Review Auburn Old Town in Sacramento Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Auburn Old Town"
- updated a Sacramento Travel Page "A Very Nice Community and Climate"
- Uploaded a Video to Albuquerque
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
PhotosSee All Photos (12134)
VideosSee All Videos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos