"Matsumoto" Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto by edelng
Matsumoto Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 199 photos
This is a town well-known for its 400 year old castle. The town is surrounded by mountains. A JR express train from Tokyo to Matsumoto is about 2hrs 50min. From Matsumoto, we travelled to Hakuba, Japan Alps, by JR train. Duration is about 2 hours.
A bus ride from the bus terminal to the castle is about 10mins. Cost 150yen per ride.
- Pros:Quiet town with beautiful mountain views
- Cons:Shopping experience is not as interesting as Tokyo
- In a nutshell:A mountaineous town base to Japan Alps
This restaurant is recommended by one of the locals in Matsumoto. The waiter speaks no English but they have English... more travel advice
edelng's Related Pages
Matsumoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Matsumoto as the hub of central Japan"
- "Japan's oldest castle and a city of clocks!"
- "I love this city!"
- "A few hours in Matsumoto"
- "One of the best castles in Japan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matsumoto
- Hotels in Matsumoto
- Transportation in Matsumoto
- Nightlife in Matsumoto
- Restaurants in Matsumoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Matsumoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matsumoto
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Matsumoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matsumoto
Top 10 Pages
- Borobudur Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Putuo Shan Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Hualian Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Muar Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
No friends yet.