"Muenster in Westfalen- Churches Everywhere!" Münster by slothtraveller
Münster Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 626 photos
Muenster in Westfalia is a city of approx. 272,000 inhabitants.
It is most well known for being the place where the peace treaty of the Thirty Years War was signed and for the Anabaptist Rebellion during the Protestant Rebellion.
I didn't know what to expect from Muenster. I visited after passing through the city on the train on the way to Hamm, a town further south. The skyline interested me due to the amount of old churches I could see from the train. I had heard that Muenster Cathedral was one of the best in Germany and decided to visit.
I'm really glad I did.
I chose a day where sunshine and 25 celsius was forecast. Of course by the time I reached Muenster, it was raining and dismal. Typical Germany! The weather didn't spoil my day though and I'd recommend visiting if you are in the area. Don't expect to see everything in a day though!
- Pros:The Cathedral is a must-see
- Cons:The city is deceptively large. I'd recommend using public transport.
- In a nutshell:An interesting city with a mix of old and new.
The town hall in Muenster is open to the public. You can buy a ticket at the desk to view the Friedensaal (Peace Hall)... more travel advice
slothtraveller's Related Pages
Münster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cycling and opera in Münster"
- "Moscow - Münster"
- "Pinkus Münster"
- "Münster & the Münsterland"
- "Muenster (Meine zweite Heimat!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Münster
- Hotels in Münster
- Transportation in Münster
- Nightlife in Münster
- Restaurants in Münster
- Shopping in Münster
- Warnings and Dangers in Münster
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Münster
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Münster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Münster
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Belém Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Bern Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Latest Münster hotel reviews
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2012