"Oldenburg: My home for a year" Top 5 Page for this destination Oldenburg by slothtraveller
Oldenburg Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 54 photos
Oldenburg is a great city in Niedersachsen, Germany. It is the fourth largest city in the Bundesland of Niedersachsen.
The most noticeable thing about Oldenburg is the amount of cyclists in the city. The people are friendly and welcoming, it is not uncommon to be greeted by the phrase 'moin!'- hello in Low German.
The city has a great Old Town with many sidestreets to explore and numerous places to eat and drink. There are also many good high street shops and smaller bookstores.
The architecture of the castle (Schloss) and the Lambertikirche (church) are also worth a look.
- Pros:Laid back atmosphere, great people, good shopping and architecture
- Cons:Might be a little quiet for city lovers, renting a bike is quite expensive
- In a nutshell:I would go back again and again
This building was an ammunition tower. It was restored in the mid-1990's but has existed since the 16th century. more travel advice
The most convenient method of transport in and around Oldenburg is the bicycle. There are many shops where bicycles can... more travel advice
slothtraveller's Related Pages
Oldenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oldenburg in Oldenburg"
- "Oldenburg: My home for a year"
- "Insider View"
- "Bigs's new Oldenburg Page"
- "Life in Northern Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oldenburg
- Hotels in Oldenburg
- Transportation in Oldenburg
- Nightlife in Oldenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Oldenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oldenburg
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Oldenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oldenburg
Photos in OldenburgSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Segovia Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belém Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues