"Sliema- Malta's best resort" Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema by slothtraveller

Sliema Travel Guide: 251 reviews and 590 photos

An ideal holiday spot if you don't miss the sand!

One of Malta's most popular holiday destinations, Sliema is also a fashionable shopping area. Almost guaranteed sunshine in the summer months makes it a fantastic base from which to explore Malta.
Another main selling point of Sliema is it's position: opposite the Maltese capital Valletta.
Sliema's great bars and restaurants and welcoming hospitality made my trip even better.

WOULD I VISIT AGAIN?
Yes, Sliema makes for a great holiday!

• Pros:Relaxed nightlife, great location and guaranteed sun!
  • Cons:Be prepared for all eventualities, especially transport strikes!
  • In a nutshell:The place to go to both relax and see a bit of Malta at the same time.
  • Last visit to Sliema: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2013

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Great tips, Steve!
    You certainly got to see plenty of the island with the open top bus tours. Did you manage to get across to Gozo?
    I like the sound of that hotel with the rooftop sun loungers and jacuzzis! Who needs a beach! :-)

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
      Sep 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Yes, that hotel was definitely one of the better ones I've stayed at! Didn't make it to Gozo in that visit. I always try and save something for the next time. Is it worth it?

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
      Sep 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Gozo was definitely a worthwhile day trip. I caught a ferry from Cirkewwa to Mgarr, then walked the 6km to the capital Victoria, passing through Xewkija on the way. My favourite part of the island though was the picturesque Xlendi Bay - a short taxi ride from Victoria (I'd done enough walking by that point!! ;-))

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2012 at 3:11 AM

The hop on hop off bus seems a good way to explore the island. Good restaurant tips too, and useful warning about the jellyfish - I was once stung by one (in Italy) and it's no fun at all :-(

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Nice page here Steve. I have been wanting to visit Malta for a long time now and this has only made me more determined. fergy.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Steve, lovely little page about Sliema here. Last November we explored Malta for a week with Valletta being our basis. Of course we were also in Sliema.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Good tips mate.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Nice page. Ciao!

slothtraveller

“Travel is a continuous education”

Badges & Stats in Sliema