"Nice cathedral city in a pretty corner of England" Top 5 Page for this destination Hereford by slothtraveller

Hereford Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 134 photos

Visiting Hereford

I took advantage of an unseasonably warm April day to visit this city near the Welsh border.
The city is a great place to spend an afternoon and I would imagine that it would be a good base to explore the local area, including the Malvern and Cotswold hills.

WOULD I VISIT AGAIN?
Possibly, although I saw what I wanted to see first time round. Never say never though!

• Pros:Attractive cathedral, the Mappa Mundi and Chained Library
  • Cons:I don't have anything bad to say about the place
  • In a nutshell:Definitely worth a look!
  • Last visit to Hereford: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2013

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Great start on Hereford, Steve! It's one of the many cities in the UK that I haven't got around to visiting yet! Like you, I might try to fit in a few day trips around the UK over the summer months. Have you considered Lincoln? A nice city, a huge cathedral, a castle and a popular Christmas market. I've been meaning to pop across to the European Christmas markets for years, but never quite found the time. In terms of Belgium, I'd happily recommend Brussels, Brugge or Antwerp - all fascinating cities with great sights and even better beer! :-)

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hi Steve
    Not a part of the world that I know at all, so thanks for the 'virtual tour' - I particularly love your Mappa Mundi tip!
    Regards
    Cathy

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Steve, lovely little page about Hereford here.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Hereford, like many British cities, looks very impressive indeed....

slothtraveller

“Travel is a continuous education”

Badges & Stats in Hereford

Have you been to Hereford?