"Nice cathedral city in a pretty corner of England" Top 5 Page for this destination Hereford by slothtraveller
Hereford Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 134 photos
I took advantage of an unseasonably warm April day to visit this city near the Welsh border.
The city is a great place to spend an afternoon and I would imagine that it would be a good base to explore the local area, including the Malvern and Cotswold hills.
WOULD I VISIT AGAIN?
Possibly, although I saw what I wanted to see first time round. Never say never though!
- Pros:Attractive cathedral, the Mappa Mundi and Chained Library
- Cons:I don't have anything bad to say about the place
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a look!
While visiting Hereford Cathedral, one thing you must do is go and see the Mappa Mundi. The map, dating from around... more travel advice
Housed in the Victorian library building with an adjoining art gallery, Hereford's small museum on the first floor of... more travel advice
slothtraveller's Related Pages
Hereford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Olde English Hereford"
- "Amongst the orchards lies a place of pilgrimage..."
- "Nice cathedral city in a pretty corner of England"
- "Hereford ~ Mappa Mundi ~ Closed Sundi"
- "A Friendly Place"
- "Cathedral City or Market Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hereford
- Hotels in Hereford
- Transportation in Hereford
- Restaurants in Hereford
- Warnings and Dangers in Hereford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hereford
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Hereford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hereford
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: WHICH COUNTRY DO YOU DRINK..."
- Commented on one of slothtraveller's Hereford travel pages
- updated a Hereford Travel Page "Nice cathedral city in a pretty corner of England"
- Wrote a Review See the Mappa Mundi and Chained Library in Hereford Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "See the Mappa Mundi and Chained Library"
Photos in HerefordSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Belém Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Bern Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues