"As Regal As It Sounds?" Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa by slothtraveller

Royal Leamington Spa Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 171 photos

A little on Leamington

Leamington Spa is one of the more affluent market towns in the Midlands, situated in the county of Warwickshire.
The town's heyday was during Georgian times when well-off visitors would flock to the town to bathe in its spas.
In 1838, the town was granted 'Royal' status by Queen Victoria. Although the town has lost some of its regal sheen recently, it is still a nice place to visit, especially on a bright and sunny day.

A quick shopping visit to Leamington Spa

I visited Leamington on a whim mainly as it has a branch of one of my favourite shops. The weather was unseasonably warm for March so I was up for a trip to somewhere new. I really enjoyed walking around Leamington. The town centre is quite attractive with the park and all the Regency style buildings. There was also a great mix of people there, very multicultural which was a nice thing to see. I'd go back to see more of what the town has to offer.

• Pros:Good examples of Regency architecture
  • Cons:The town centre is quite small
  • In a nutshell:A Midlands market town with an interesting history
  • Last visit to Royal Leamington Spa: Mar 2012
  • Intro Written Mar 29, 2012

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hi Steve, good tips and photos! I went through Leamington Spa on the bus when I went to Warwick, and thought that it looked really nice! Good to see some photos of it here. I remember seeing a large park and think it must have been Jephson Gardens. As I am very interested in the Georgian period, it looks as if I should do a real visit to Leamington Spa!

slothtraveller

“Travel is a continuous education”

Badges & Stats in Royal Leamington Spa

Have you been to Royal Leamington Spa?

Latest Activity in Royal Leamington Spa