"A quick look at Dalkey" Dalkey by slothtraveller
Dalkey Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 78 photos
The seaside village of Dalkey is a suburb of Dublin. It is hard to believe that the city is not far away as Dalkey has a feeling of relaxation and serenity. There are many large houses in Dalkey owned by wealthy Dubliners who commute to the city. I enjoyed exploring the village starting and ending at the train station, although I didn't spend too long here- there are far too many exciting things to do in Dublin itself. Nevertheless, Dalkey provides a nice contrast to Dublin and is a great place to escape the city, relax and enjoy the sea air and views.
- Pros:Nice views of Dalkey Island
- Cons:A bit too quiet for my liking
- In a nutshell:Visit here but not for a full day.
slothtraveller's Related Pages
Dalkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dalkey, a pretty village near Dublin"
- "My favourite place to escape Dublin"
- "Dalkey village"
- "A quick look at Dalkey"
- "LOOKING FOR BONO'S HOUSE IN DALKEY ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dalkey
- Transportation in Dalkey
- Nightlife in Dalkey
- Restaurants in Dalkey
- Shopping in Dalkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dalkey
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dalkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dalkey
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Belém Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Bern Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos