"Cascais- Where Europe meets the Atlantic" Cascais by slothtraveller
Cascais Travel Guide: 452 reviews and 2,321 photos
I visited Cascais a number of times during my trip to Portugal in May 2012, mainly walking along the pretty promenade from neighbouring Estoril. I found Cascais to be a nice, relaxed setting where I could enjoy my evening meals.
On one of my visits, I walked around the few sights in the town, including the beaches, town walls and plaza near the town hall. I then walked via the marina to the coast road in the direction of Boca do Inferno. Here the coastline becomes a lot more craggy and rough.
- Pros:Cosmopolitan, nice restaurants and relaxed vibe
- Cons:Boca do Inferno= Tourist trap, luckily you don't pay to see it!
- In a nutshell:Worth visiting or basing yourself in (if you can afford it!)
Cascais has a large population of fishermen and small fishing boats dot the sea around the harbour. There is also a... more travel advice
I visited the John Bull restaurant on my second night in Cascais as it is situated in the main square of town and the... more travel advice
slothtraveller's Related Pages
Cascais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS"
- "Delightful Fishing Village On The Atlantic Coast"
- "VTers Cascade into Cascais"
- "Venue for Euromeet 2009"
- "Cascais, (Euromeet 2009)"
- "Spectacular Cascais"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cascais
- Hotels in Cascais
- Transportation in Cascais
- Nightlife in Cascais
- Restaurants in Cascais
- Shopping in Cascais
- Warnings and Dangers in Cascais
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cascais
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cascais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cascais
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Out of town trips from London..."
- updated a Cascais Travel Page "Cascais- Where Europe meets the Atlantic"
- Wrote a Review Fisherman's beach about Fishing Harbour in Cascais Things to Do
- Commented on one of slothtraveller's Cascais tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boca do Inferno"
Photos in CascaisSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Belém Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Bern Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues