"The Roman city of Speyer" Speyer by slothtraveller
Speyer Travel Guide: 317 reviews and 1,060 photos
Speyer is old...VERY old. It is one of Germany's oldest cities (founded by the Romans) and is definitely worth a visit. I spent one day in Speyer and saw the majority of what the place had to offer. The city centre is compact and the railway station is not too far from the centre so it's an ideal place to see on a day trip. The highlights for me were Speyer Cathedral and the Museum of the Palatinate.
- Pros:Great museum and cathedral
- Cons:A little isolated from Germany's main cities and routes.
- In a nutshell:Worth a detour to see this fine city
A visit to Speyer's Christmas market is recommended if you are visiting at the end of the year. Situated on picturesque... more travel advice
slothtraveller's Related Pages
Speyer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the old cathedral & a great Technical Museum"
- "Speyer – the pearl of Palatinate and Europe"
- "WELCOME TO MY SPEYER PAGE ......:-)"
- "Underrated fun"
- "Inspired by Speyer"
- "Technik Museum Speyer"
- "A VT outing to a beautiful city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Speyer
- Hotels in Speyer
- Transportation in Speyer
- Nightlife in Speyer
- Restaurants in Speyer
- Shopping in Speyer
- Warnings and Dangers in Speyer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Speyer
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Speyer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Speyer
Photos in SpeyerSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Belém Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Bern Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos