"Kashan, My trip to 8000 years ago" Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan by Behi
Kashan Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 282 photos
Kashan is one of the main cities of Esfahan province, ~260 KM far from Tehran.
can be reached by highway or railway.
Apart from its world-famous carpets, and well known for its silk and the glazed earthenware tile called Kashi after its place of manufacture & Golab.
Kashan is a beautiful large oasis town on the Qom-Kerman road running along the edge of the Great Desert.
The history of city started with Tappe sialk since 8000 years ago.
people of this city witnessed 2 massacres during history of city, as other cities of Iran, First Moslim Arab invaders massacred the people & again by Mongols.
Teemcheh-e-Amin o Dowleh, Kashan Bazzar, Iran. 1800s. Persian architects used these structures to naturally decrease temperatures, regulate sunlight, and ventilate the interior spaces during the daytime.
Amin-o-Dowleh was head of the Persian Royal envoy to the court of Napoleon III. He financed the building of Timcheh Amin-o-dowleh.
Tappe Sialk is considered as world's oldest Zigurat was built in ~2900 bc in 3 platform.
but archaeological remains date back to 6000 BC.
this palace also considers as first palace which human started life in plains & earliest wheat seeds was found in teppe sialk's potteries that shows wheat firstly cultivated in Sialk & then carried to Mesopotamia & Egypt.
- Cons:Hot Weather
Golab Production workshop are every where in Qamsar they pick flowers from Gardens on 4 or 5am, they've to do it before... more travel advice
pure Golab is heavy & not smell very well & a thin film of oil is on top of it (The oil is perfume) you must keep it... more travel advice
Behi's Related Pages
Kashan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KASHAN, A CITY AT THE CENTER OF IRAN"
- "Kashan, My trip to 8000 years ago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kashan
- Hotels in Kashan
- Transportation in Kashan
- Restaurants in Kashan
- Shopping in Kashan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kashan
- 9 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kashan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kashan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Van Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tehran Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Takht-e Soleyman Intro, 24 reviews, 103 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mashhad Intro, 27 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rey Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tus Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Neyshabur Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Qazvin Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Soltaniyeh Intro, 2 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues