"Khajeh Rabi, The wonderful Safavid Art work" Khvajeh Rabi` by Behi
Khvajeh Rabi` Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 36 photos
Khajeh Rabi cemetery is a famous and renowned mausoleum of Rabi Ebn-e Khossaim & cemetery of hundreds martyrs of imposed war by Iraq & is situated 4 km. northwest of Mashhad on the Khajeh Rabi Road.
Rabi Ebn-e Khossaim known as Khajeh Rabi was the ruler of Rey during Imam Ali (first Shiite Saint). He was also a devotee of Islamic History. (8th cent. AD)
Fathali Khan the ancestor of Qajar dynasty also has been buried in mausoleum .
It was built during Shah Abbas Safavid in recommendation of Sheikh Bahaei by Mirza Olgh in 1617 AD.
This mausoleum is octagonal in shape and houses 16 booths, large halls and portico styled in intricate and unique oriental architecture.
The dual shel dome is 18 m. high. decorated with fine tilework.
The interior of the mausoleum has interesting ornaments which includes two inscriptions written by Ali Reza Abbasi & Golden paintings.
- In a nutshell:The Most beautiful Imamzade that I've ever seen
Fathali Khan the ancestor of Qajar dynasty also has been buried in mausoleum & made this mausoleum an important shrine... more travel advice
Women have to wear Chador(=Veil) to enter in mausoleum. as women in the Pic. more travel advice
Behi's Related Pages
Khvajeh Rabi` Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Khvajeh Rabi`
- 4 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Khvajeh Rabi`?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khvajeh Rabi`
Photos in Khvajeh Rabi`See All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Van Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tehran Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Takht-e Soleyman Intro, 24 reviews, 103 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mashhad Intro, 27 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rey Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Neyshabur Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tus Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Qazvin Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Soltaniyeh Intro, 2 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues