"Kanglu" Kangolu by Behi
Kangolu Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 22 photos
Kanglu is small village among isolated Alborz mountains, situated in 200km from Tehran city in east, in Savadkouh area.
The historic site of Kanglu fort is located in west of Kanglu village high.
The fort belongs dynasty (224-652 AD), destroyed & abandoned after the Arab invasion.
The Kanglu fort made of stones and mortar, is surrounded by tall walls. On the northern and southern sides of the wall, two solid towers were symmetrically built, Facing to the north and south, the walls are 18.80 meters long and the towers are 7 meters high.
It was a 3story building.
The inner and exterior walls are covered by mortar.
The Emamzade Abbas ali at top of the western peak, seems was the Watching tower.
According to features of the architecture and the objects found in it, the building should be Mithraeum (Mithraism Temple) & not a fort.
- In a nutshell:Magnificent Mountains
Behi's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Kangolu
- 1 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kangolu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kangolu
Photos in KangoluSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Van Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tehran Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Takht-e Soleyman Intro, 24 reviews, 103 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mashhad Intro, 27 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rey Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Neyshabur Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tus Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Qazvin Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Soltaniyeh Intro, 2 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues