"Formby" Formby by davido7236
Formby Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 30 photos
Formby is a pleasant suburb of Liverpool with a good beach and great views to the Wirral peninsula and the Burbo Bank wind farm. It has good transport links by rail from Liverpool. Recently around 100 metal statues of artist Antony Gormley were placed along a 2-mile stretch of beach here. I must say that I think they are great, and they are placed at various depths in the sand. Some are almost submerged by the tide, while others are quite high up the beach. (It is dangerous to try to reach the farthest ones -as you could be cut off by the tide as it comes in, or stuck in mud).
They look particularly good when the morning or evening sun casts long shadows, also the surface of the statues is becoming mottled and uneven due to barnacles and other growths which makes their appearance change over time. Well worth a visit. The best place to park or otherwise access these is perhaps from the old lifeboat station.
- Pros:Easy to get to, beach, art, views.
- In a nutshell:A nice day out from Liverpool
davido7236's Related Pages
Formby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Formby Beach and Dunes"
- "A Pleasant and Easy Day Trip (for me)"
- "The Red Squirrel Economy of Formby"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Formby
- Transportation in Formby
- Warnings and Dangers in Formby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Formby
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Formby?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Baku Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- East Retford Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Houston Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Orpington Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Calgary Intro, 3 photos
- Atyrau Intro, 3 reviews
- Sydenham Intro, 3 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.