"Atyrau" Atyrau by davido7236
Atyrau Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 20 photos
The Ural River runs through Atyrau. It's broad and freezes solid in winter, although people are deterred from walking on it since many have fallen through and are drowned. The river is the boundary between the continents of Europe and Asia.
I stayed at the (old) Chagala hotel which was fine. The food is good - a nice hot buffet breakfast and lunch. Polite staff. It's near the Ural River and has good security. There is also a new Chagala hotel near corner of Azattyk Avenue which does a very good buffet lunch with a choice of main courses, soup and delicious-looking desserts. They also do live music in the bar some evenings and serve Baltika, Amstel and other beers.
One evening we had a meal here - the Baltika beer was tasty and they do a range of world dishes. The fajitas were quite good. It was quite busy even on a Wednesday night which must be a good sign. One thing I found out is that beers here are sometimes noted with a number depending on the alcoholic strength which runs from 1 to 9, so you can get a Baltika in say a 3 or a 7 which was new to me.
- Pros:Airport is fairly close, people generally nice.
- Cons:Hot in summer, cold in winter.
- In a nutshell:It's coming along!
Tengri Hotel near Azzatyk Avenue. The bar was nice - live music on the Wednesday I went there. Quite bizarre - at one... more travel advice
davido7236's Related Pages
Atyrau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Atyrau - a city in the steppe"
- "Expat advice"
- "Atyrau, new oil capital of the Capsian"
- "Capitalism Rising"
- See All...
- Hotels in Atyrau
- Transportation in Atyrau
- Nightlife in Atyrau
- Restaurants in Atyrau
- Shopping in Atyrau
- Warnings and Dangers in Atyrau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atyrau
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Atyrau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atyrau
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Baku Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- East Retford Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Houston Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Orpington Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Calgary Intro, 3 photos
- Atyrau Intro, 3 reviews
- Sydenham Intro, 3 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.