"Portovenere" Portovenere by rita_simoes
Portovenere Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 401 photos
Portovenere is a special place. Maybe what makes it so special is the tall coloured buildings; maybe it's the castle; maybe it's the island so close on the other side; maybe it's the incredible blue colour of the sea; or the beautiful little church; I don't know exactly. I just know I fell in love with this little town the first time I saw it in pictures, and I got enthusiastic like a little girl the moment I saw it in front of my eyes.
Anyway, it should be mandatory to visit Portovenere when one visits the Cinque Terre!
Byron must have been a great man: he loved the two places I love the most on Earth! Not only was he passionate about... more travel advice
Here you can take a boat to the nearby Isola Palmaria (4€ in august 07), where there is a rock beach to catch some sun... more travel advice
rita_simoes' Related Pages
Portovenere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portovenere - Our Favourite Place in all of Italy!"
- "Portovenere, Beautiful Village, Cinque Terre Ferry"
- "Portovenere - The Jewel of Liguria"
- "In the Bay of Poets"
- "Portovenere e le Cinque Terre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portovenere
- Hotels in Portovenere
- Transportation in Portovenere
- Nightlife in Portovenere
- Restaurants in Portovenere
- Shopping in Portovenere
- Warnings and Dangers in Portovenere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portovenere
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Portovenere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portovenere
Photos in PortovenereSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Évora Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Portovenere Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Lago di Bracciano Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Sintra Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- L'Aquila Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 3 travelogues