"Here Jews & Arabs live together in peace" Haifa by WorldMeet2008
Haifa Travel Guide: 273 reviews and 802 photos
Haifa - Israel's third largest city and northern capital situated in a natural bay on foot of Carmel mountain. The city's terraced landscape offers a rich variety of panoramas. No other city in Israel is as rich as Haifa in variety of topographic combination of beach, port, valley and mountain.
In Haifa there are two universities that worth a visit at evening hours, for the panoramas and lovely green gardens:
Technion (Israel's M.I.T.)
Mount Carmel is associated with the prophets Elijah and Elisha. A Christian holy site based on the story of the prophet Elijah and the miracles he performed atop the mountain. It is thought to be the original site of Catholicism's Carmelite sect.
From Galy's Haifa page: "The Golden Dome is a shrine, not a temple, where the Bab (ar. "the Gate") and Baha'u'llah's son... more travel advice
From magor65's Israel Page: "In the Bible Mt. Carmel is considered to be the symbol of beauty and fertility. Solomon... more travel advice
WorldMeet2008's Related Pages
Haifa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haifa: On the slopes of Mt. Carmel"
- "2 days in Haifa"
- "Bregman's Haifa Page"
- "My Favorite City"
- ".. Living Together..."
- "Haifa - At the foot of the Carmel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haifa
- Hotels in Haifa
- Transportation in Haifa
- Nightlife in Haifa
- Restaurants in Haifa
- Shopping in Haifa
- Warnings and Dangers in Haifa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haifa
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Haifa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haifa
Photos in HaifaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- `En Gedi Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Haifa Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Southern District Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Herzliya Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Masada Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Eilat Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lake Tiberias Intro, 1 review, 4 photos