"Holy Nazareth" Nazareth by WorldMeet2008
Nazareth Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 644 photos
Basilica of the Annunciation, the largest church of the city was built above the legendary cave where the Archangel Gabriel told Mary about her motherhood.
This is the fifth temple built on this very spot: the first one was built in 356 for the mother of Caesar Constantinus, and became the first imposing shrine of Christianity.
Later the byzantine built churches here, followed by the Christians, then the Franciscans. Eventually, it was their church which was then demolished in 1955 in order for the present Basilica of the Annunciation to be built in 1969
WorldMeet2008's Related Pages
Nazareth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nazareth - the childhood home of Jesus"
- "The Holy Land"
- "hometown of Jesus"
- "Holy Churches and Colorful Markets"
- "Beautiful, busy Nazareth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nazareth
- Hotels in Nazareth
- Transportation in Nazareth
- Nightlife in Nazareth
- Restaurants in Nazareth
- Shopping in Nazareth
- Warnings and Dangers in Nazareth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nazareth
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nazareth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nazareth
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- `En Gedi Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Haifa Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Southern District Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Herzliya Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Masada Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Eilat Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lake Tiberias Intro, 1 review, 4 photos