"Reminds me of the perfume" Cologne by Rupanworld
Cologne Travel Guide: 1,652 reviews and 4,347 photos
I have a very good friend in Cologne. I knew her from the time she came down to Kolkata, India and came to the meetings of our Youth club there just as a guest. Later she was in some problem and needed our help, which we did. After coming to Germany I really wanted to meet her and it was then that I came to know that she was currently in Cologne. One important reason for which I had always wanted to visit this city in Germany was that (a very typically Indian reason!!!) I had heard that the Bengali community in this city hold a very big Durga Puja celebration every year and it is a very old tradition. I loved to hear that. Although I went to Cologne a month later than the Puja, I still did not regret that aspect however. I seriously regretted that I could not manage to see the House of Cologne (the Perfume) and the Schokoladen Museum (Chocolate museum).
One good thing about the time we visited cologne was the fact that Christmas was just a month away and there were Christmas market, music, lights and celebrations everywhere, and ofcourse, the famous Glühwein too. But unfortunately the weather of the day turned out to be very rainy, extremely dark and cloudy as well. The same continued till two more days during which we made tours to Bonn and Düsseldorf. However, the weather of Bonn was good.
Although the weather was not good and despite the fact that I could not see two very important things that I wanted to see (again because of the weather), I really had a lovely time at my friend's place in the city and if not for anything else, this aspect I am going to remember always.
Of all the things I saw there the river Rhine and the huge Kölner Dom (Cologne Cathedral) are the two best memories. I spent a whole lot of time at the Cathedral.
So heres a general direction tip taken from the map at the station while we were planning to go to the Chocolate museum. more travel advice
Cologne hauptbahnhof is one of the busiest train stations in Germany. One can also have a look at the famous Thalys... more travel advice
Rupanworld's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "Fabulous city with huge cultural heritage."
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 29 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
Photos in CologneSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 119 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 104 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lübeck Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 74 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 122 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 53 reviews, 99 photos
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 44 reviews, 91 photos