"Reminds me of the perfume" Cologne by Rupanworld

Cologne Travel Guide: 1,609 reviews and 4,008 photos

I have a very good friend in Cologne. I knew her from the time she came down to Kolkata, India and came to the meetings of our Youth club there just as a guest. Later she was in some problem and needed our help, which we did. After coming to Germany I really wanted to meet her and it was then that I came to know that she was currently in Cologne. One important reason for which I had always wanted to visit this city in Germany was that (a very typically Indian reason!!!) I had heard that the Bengali community in this city hold a very big Durga Puja celebration every year and it is a very old tradition. I loved to hear that. Although I went to Cologne a month later than the Puja, I still did not regret that aspect however. I seriously regretted that I could not manage to see the House of Cologne (the Perfume) and the Schokoladen Museum (Chocolate museum).

One good thing about the time we visited cologne was the fact that Christmas was just a month away and there were Christmas market, music, lights and celebrations everywhere, and ofcourse, the famous Glühwein too. But unfortunately the weather of the day turned out to be very rainy, extremely dark and cloudy as well. The same continued till two more days during which we made tours to Bonn and Düsseldorf. However, the weather of Bonn was good.

Although the weather was not good and despite the fact that I could not see two very important things that I wanted to see (again because of the weather), I really had a lovely time at my friend's place in the city and if not for anything else, this aspect I am going to remember always.

Of all the things I saw there the river Rhine and the huge Kölner Dom (Cologne Cathedral) are the two best memories. I spent a whole lot of time at the Cathedral.

• Last visit to Cologne: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2008

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM

The Christmas Market looks great. Your pictures are lovely!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2008 at 8:44 AM

I enjoyed looking at Cologne during the dark Winter months. I was there in Spring and saw a lot of the same things. I also really enjoyed the pics you snapped from the train. Brought back memories.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 3:48 AM

I love visiting Cologne too! Ich reise immer gern! Alles Gute weiterhin!

Rupanworld

“Memories are like footprints on the sands of time.”

Badges & Stats in Cologne

Have you been to Cologne?

Latest Activity in Cologne