"Back with very good memories" Amsterdam by Rupanworld

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,251 reviews and 21,505 photos

Ever since i read the book "The Diary of Anne Frank", long time back, I always wanted to go to this city once and visit The Anne Frank House. It was a long desire and I never really thought that this desire would come true one day. After coming to Hamburg, I found the people of Hamburg really proud of the fact that it has more canals than even Venice and Amsterdam. Well, Canals were new to me and I had already started loving them, and this was the second thing I realised that I wanted to go to Amsterdam to see them there.

The third thing that made me curious to go to Amsterdam for a visit was the Red Light District. In Hamburg, my friends had taken me once to the Reeperbahn area, the Red Light district in Hamburg and I was amazed at the vastness and openness of this area and also to see how touristy it was. My VT friend chris.hh told me that this is the second largest in the world. The largest is in Amsterdam and that I should visit it once and that I would love it.

Finally, I heard about flowers in Amsterdam. I love flowers very much. There was no reason why I should not go and visit Amsterdam when I had an extended weekend off. So I decided to make the trip and I am happy that I did it.

At Amsterdam, I really had a great time. One can very well understand that from reading my tips. It was a very good tour and I came back home with flowers in my hands. I loved the canals, I loved the architechture, the flowers, the food, the people, the fact that everybody spoke English, and yes ofcourse the Red light district as well. There is nothing really to like at the Anne Frank House. I felt like shedding tears. And that's worth it. I'll always remember the visit to the house. Otherwise I am not normally a person who goes to museums. I was there for about three hours!

VT friend pieter_jan_v was a great help in guiding me. And yes, another information. Just before I left for the trip chris.hh had told me to try the finger chips (Potato finger fries) in netherlands. She said its special and she said so because I love them. Although I did not really get a chance to try them in Amsterdam, i did try in them Rotterdam, and take it from me. They are indeed great.

• In a nutshell:I am too ordinary a person to talk about pros and cons of a great city like Amsterdam
  • Last visit to Amsterdam: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2008 at 12:20 AM

I'm glad for you, Rupa! Thanks for your page, my friend!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2008 at 5:05 AM

Thanks for mentioning me in your intro text. Hope to see you one day! I hope the situation in your homeland will be peaceful soon! PJ

• besal's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 12:04 AM

My first European trip was to Amsterdam...I was 1 year old. The only pict I have is of getting off KLM. Great info on this city. Amir

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Great Page and your Photos are getting beter and better...Was the food at The Kamasutra "Hot and spicy"?I heard Sydney's Kings Cross is BLAND compared to Hamburg and Amsterdam 's red light districts.Should check them out.Well done!

Rupanworld

“Memories are like footprints on the sands of time.”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?

Latest Activity in Amsterdam