"Back with very good memories" Amsterdam by Rupanworld
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,367 reviews and 21,775 photos
Ever since i read the book "The Diary of Anne Frank", long time back, I always wanted to go to this city once and visit The Anne Frank House. It was a long desire and I never really thought that this desire would come true one day. After coming to Hamburg, I found the people of Hamburg really proud of the fact that it has more canals than even Venice and Amsterdam. Well, Canals were new to me and I had already started loving them, and this was the second thing I realised that I wanted to go to Amsterdam to see them there.
The third thing that made me curious to go to Amsterdam for a visit was the Red Light District. In Hamburg, my friends had taken me once to the Reeperbahn area, the Red Light district in Hamburg and I was amazed at the vastness and openness of this area and also to see how touristy it was. My VT friend chris.hh told me that this is the second largest in the world. The largest is in Amsterdam and that I should visit it once and that I would love it.
Finally, I heard about flowers in Amsterdam. I love flowers very much. There was no reason why I should not go and visit Amsterdam when I had an extended weekend off. So I decided to make the trip and I am happy that I did it.
At Amsterdam, I really had a great time. One can very well understand that from reading my tips. It was a very good tour and I came back home with flowers in my hands. I loved the canals, I loved the architechture, the flowers, the food, the people, the fact that everybody spoke English, and yes ofcourse the Red light district as well. There is nothing really to like at the Anne Frank House. I felt like shedding tears. And that's worth it. I'll always remember the visit to the house. Otherwise I am not normally a person who goes to museums. I was there for about three hours!
VT friend pieter_jan_v was a great help in guiding me. And yes, another information. Just before I left for the trip chris.hh had told me to try the finger chips (Potato finger fries) in netherlands. She said its special and she said so because I love them. Although I did not really get a chance to try them in Amsterdam, i did try in them Rotterdam, and take it from me. They are indeed great.
- In a nutshell:I am too ordinary a person to talk about pros and cons of a great city like Amsterdam
The first thing one should do after coming to Amsterdam is ofcourse get a tourist map. you have two choices. One, go up... more travel advice
I don't really know whose statue this is. I came across this near the Singel canal. If anybody knows about it please... more travel advice
Rupanworld's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 25 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 119 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 104 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lübeck Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 74 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 122 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 53 reviews, 99 photos
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 44 reviews, 91 photos