"Beautiful Stockholm" Stockholms Län by Rupanworld

Stockholms Län Travel Guide: 4,575 reviews and 10,815 photos

Stockholms Län is a county in Sweden with its headquarters in Stockholm. It is situated on the Baltic sea coast of Sweden and borders Uppsala and Södermanland counties and lake Mälaren. One fifth of the population of Sweden are inhabitants of this county. Stockholm is a part of this county since 1968.

I was in Stockholm in February 2008 for 2 days and enjoyed my time thoroughly. I had put up in a boat Mälaren in the Baltic sea and that was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. During the whole time I walked through the entire town and discovered places for myself. Its amazing to feel that I saw most parts of the city without the need to board a public transport. I liked every bit of the city of Stockholm and would definitely love to go back with family. It was like a beautiful dream that passed away so fast.

The highlight of my trip to Stockholm was witnessing the ceremony of changing of the royal guards at the Royal palace at Stockholm. It was an hour and a half long ceremony and was full of colour, music and public cheering. During the same trip I also came across a funny guy from Mexico in his early 40s who asked my permission to be my company while I was discovering places on foot. He thought I was really very "smart" and wanted to follow whatever I did to enjoy his trip, including taking pictures at the same spot I took pictures, viewing buildings and places from the same angle I did. Really very funny experience.

• In a nutshell:Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
  • Last visit to Stockholms Län: Feb 2008
  • Intro Written Jan 7, 2009

Comments

Rupanworld

“Memories are like footprints on the sands of time.”

Badges & Stats in Stockholms Län

Have you been to Stockholms Län?

Latest Activity in Stockholms Län