"My Scandinivian Experience" Sweden by Rupanworld
Sweden Travel Guide: 12,750 reviews and 39,542 photos
I went to Sweden in February 2008, on a solo trip, taking a break from hectic study schedules and came back with so nice memories. During this trip I was in Stockholm for just 2 days and wished I could stay longer. During a later trip, I was also in Nykoping in April 2008 and loved this small town as well.
My best memories from the trip are that of staying in a beautiful boat called Malaren that has for long been operating as a hostel (a hostel on the water. How amazing!!!), discovering the entire city of Stockholm on foot (I can't believe it now that I never boarded any public transport during my trip. I just had so much fun travelling on foot that I did not feel the need to board a bus or something. But I would not recommend that for all as parts of the city are really hilly, while at the same time walking on some roads might not be free from risk), seeing so many attractions including palaces, museums, buildings, etc. all around the city. During my second trip to the country, I was in Nykoping for a couple of hours in the rain, but nevertheless, I enjoyed the beauty there, the beautiful river, the historic castle and extremely beautiful houses. And yes, one more memory from Sweden (rather from Stockholm) is that of meeting a crazy guy in his early
40s from Mexico who just wanted to follow blindly whatever I did, because he thought I was very smart (which I know I am :)) and that if he followed me, he would be able to take the best out of his short trip (well I too had a small advantage in that, as there was someone to click photos for me in front of every nothing that I came across without bothering about asking a stranger passer by to do me a favour provided he at all spoke in English, which would definitely be the first thing I would have wanted to know. That's complicated. But then, I had this advantage because someone thought I was really(!) smart). So everytime, he clicked a photo for me, I found him waiting at the same spot wishing to be shot by his camera, never demanding to know what was so special about the place and why I took my photo there. He, ofcourse did not know that I had VT in my mind :)
- In a nutshell:Simply Scandinivia
Nordic walking is a popular mode of exercising for the people of scandinivian countries. nordic walking sticks more travel advice
The gamla Stan area is full of nice souvenir stalls and there you have a multiple variety of souvenirs to shop... more travel advice
Rupanworld's Related Pages
Sweden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sweden!"
- "It's in my blood"
- "Sverige - beautiful all year round :-)))"
- "Sweden - Sverige"
- "Make the right turns when you're here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sweden
- Hotels in Sweden
- Transportation in Sweden
- Nightlife in Sweden
- Restaurants in Sweden
- Shopping in Sweden
- Warnings and Dangers in Sweden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sweden
- 67 Reviews
- 164 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Sweden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sweden
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 119 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 104 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lübeck Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 74 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 122 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 53 reviews, 99 photos
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 44 reviews, 91 photos