"My Scandinivian Experience" Sweden by Rupanworld

Sweden Travel Guide: 12,759 reviews and 39,809 photos

I went to Sweden in February 2008, on a solo trip, taking a break from hectic study schedules and came back with so nice memories. During this trip I was in Stockholm for just 2 days and wished I could stay longer. During a later trip, I was also in Nykoping in April 2008 and loved this small town as well.

My best memories from the trip are that of staying in a beautiful boat called Malaren that has for long been operating as a hostel (a hostel on the water. How amazing!!!), discovering the entire city of Stockholm on foot (I can't believe it now that I never boarded any public transport during my trip. I just had so much fun travelling on foot that I did not feel the need to board a bus or something. But I would not recommend that for all as parts of the city are really hilly, while at the same time walking on some roads might not be free from risk), seeing so many attractions including palaces, museums, buildings, etc. all around the city. During my second trip to the country, I was in Nykoping for a couple of hours in the rain, but nevertheless, I enjoyed the beauty there, the beautiful river, the historic castle and extremely beautiful houses. And yes, one more memory from Sweden (rather from Stockholm) is that of meeting a crazy guy in his early

40s from Mexico who just wanted to follow blindly whatever I did, because he thought I was very smart (which I know I am :)) and that if he followed me, he would be able to take the best out of his short trip (well I too had a small advantage in that, as there was someone to click photos for me in front of every nothing that I came across without bothering about asking a stranger passer by to do me a favour provided he at all spoke in English, which would definitely be the first thing I would have wanted to know. That's complicated. But then, I had this advantage because someone thought I was really(!) smart). So everytime, he clicked a photo for me, I found him waiting at the same spot wishing to be shot by his camera, never demanding to know what was so special about the place and why I took my photo there. He, ofcourse did not know that I had VT in my mind :)

• In a nutshell:Simply Scandinivia
  • Last visit to Sweden: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2009

Rupanworld

“Memories are like footprints on the sands of time.”

Badges & Stats in Sweden