Nagercoil Things to Do Tips by Rupanworld
Nagercoil Things to Do: 7 reviews and 11 photos
The Clock Tower in Nagercoil is situated in the heart of the town. It is more than a hundred years old. The clock in the tower, was presented to the Maharajah of Travancore by the European missionary, Rev. Duthie during his visit to Nagercoil in the later part of the 19th century.
The Nagaraja temple from which Nagercoil derives its name, is a famous old Jain temple. It is a temple of the serpent king (Naga raja). Although, originally a Jain temple, it is now an important temple for the local Hindus and is also a tourist attraction. It attracts devottees from all part of the state. The idols of Lord Shiva and Vishnu are also found here. The temple shows the influence of chinese and Jain architecture.
More Reviews (1)
Rupanworld's Related Pages
Nagercoil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gentle, Green Nagercoil"
- "The place of Nagaraja Temple"
- "Nagercoil, the temple of snakes"
- "Nagercoil - Snake Temple - a City in south India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagercoil
- Transportation in Nagercoil
- Restaurants in Nagercoil
- See All...
Explore the World
- Novi Sad
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Albania Hotels
- Lexington Hotels
- Naskeag Hotels
- Rakiraki Hotels
- Paarl Things to Do
- Green Cove Springs Things to Do
- Manzanita Things to Do
- Tacloban City Things to Do
- State of Tamil Nadu Things to Do
- Terrazzina Beach
- Savannakhet Things to Do
- Xishuangbanna Things to Do
- Arkansas City Things to Do
- Shirdi Things to Do
- Sleepy Hollow Things to Do
- Kota Baharu Things to Do
Badges & Stats in Nagercoil
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Nagercoil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagercoil
Photos in NagercoilSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 119 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 104 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lübeck Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 74 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 122 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 53 reviews, 99 photos
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 44 reviews, 91 photos