"The place of Nagaraja Temple" Nagercoil by Rupanworld
Nagercoil Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Nagercoil is a small town very near to Kanyakumari. Until 1956, it was a part of Kerala, but now it is in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is famous for Nagaraja Temple and it derieves its name from this Temple. The temple is very famous and it draws devotees from every part of the state. The main God (presiding deity) of the temple is Nagaraja (Serpent God). However, the images of Lord Siva and Vishnu are also present in the temple.
The town is in between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats and is therefore full of beautiful scenic landscape. During my visit to the town, I remember having passed across spice markets, another beautiful scene. Nagercoil is 65 km from Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) and only 19 kilometers from Kanyakumari.
- Pros:A small town, very beautifully south Indian
- Cons:Huge traffic
- In a nutshell:Worthy of a visit
The Clock Tower in Nagercoil is situated in the heart of the town. It is more than a hundred years old. The clock in the... more travel advice
Rupanworld's Related Pages
Nagercoil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gentle, Green Nagercoil"
- "The place of Nagaraja Temple"
- "Nagercoil, the temple of snakes"
- "Nagercoil - Snake Temple - a City in south India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagercoil
- Transportation in Nagercoil
- Restaurants in Nagercoil
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nagercoil
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Nagercoil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagercoil
Photos in NagercoilSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 119 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 104 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lübeck Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 74 reviews, 148 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 122 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 53 reviews, 99 photos
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 44 reviews, 91 photos