"Visiting Cavite City" Cavite City by palaboy

Cavite City Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 43 photos

Planning the tour...

We've been looking for a place to celebrate our second year anniversary as early as the first quarter of this year. We thought of going to Baguio, Tagaytay, Subic, Antipolo and Boracay. We've checked some hotels and resorts from the said places but most of them were fully-booked. Then first week of May came. My girlfriend told me what if we go to Island Cove Resort and Leisure Park? It is located at Binakayan, Cavite City (DOT Accredited: Class AAA). We decided to contact Island Cove because it is not that far away from manila. I've never been to any tourist places in Cavite before that is why I also agreed. I checked their website then I called the Makati Reservation Office (it is not easy calling them... you need a lot of patience). Finally, after a number of tries someone answered the phone. She said that they are fully-booked on the dates that I wanted (May 26-27) and will just text me once somebody cancelled their reservation. After 2 days, I received a text message saying that there is already an available room. I deposited 50% of the accomodation rate to their Metrobank account and then fax them the deposit slip (bring the original deposit slip. they'll ask for it at the reception area).

Few days before we went to Island Cove, I browsed VT for the places to go in Cavite City. I've read an entry about Josephine's Restaurant and Aguinaldo Shrine. I told my girlfriend that we can go to these places first before going to Island Cove since the check in time is 2pm.

On our way to Cavite City...

We decided to leave manila earlier than the original plan. We planned to go to St. Mary Magdalene Church first then visit Aguinaldo Shrine since it is just a few meters away. We will eat lunch at Josephine's Restaurant before going to Island Cove.

We thought that there is a bus going to Cavite City in Park 'n Ride - Lawton. A very kind conductor told us that we should look for a Saint Anthony Bus in front of Manila Post Office. They pass in front of Aguinaldo Shrine. We waited for Saint Anthony Bus and found one at 10am. According to what I've read on the internet, it will take you around 1 hour to reach Cavite City but in our case it took us almost 2 hours because of the traffic.

Tip: Although there are mini buses available if you go to Cavite City from Baclaran, I suggest you still take an aircon bus. It is really hot especially if you travel on daytime.

Fare from Lawton to Aguinaldo Shrine: PHP 33.00 (as of May 2007)

The tour...

We arrived in Cavite City few minutes before 12 noon. We went straight to St. Mary Magdalene Church. A very nice church. A bit small but has a very good interior design. We go straight to Josephine's Restaurant after that because it was already lunch time. I said we just go to Aguinaldo Shrine on the following day. We took a mini bus to Josephine's. Around 10 minutes away from St. Mary Magdalene Church. The fare is Php 8.50.

We arrived at Josephine's around 12:30 pm. We ordered Mutya ng Cavite Soup (you must try it!), assorted grilled sea foods, mango shake and buko juice. The food is very good! A bit expensive but its worth your money.

We checked in a few minutes after 2pm. I thought it will be longer because a lot of people were there at the reception when we arrived.

The room was great (Hotel Superior). We went swimming late in the afternoon and we ate dinner at the fisherman's deck (a blind pianist was playing during that time... He's very good! I'm impressed). The following day, we went straight to the Island Cove farm. It is where their zoo is located. Bring your kids there. They'll surely love it. A baby tiger scared as though when we were taking pictures of him but he's in a cage so no need to worry Ü. At 9am, we went to the Island Cafe for the buffet breakfast. We paid extra Php 300 each. Good food. No regrets :D. We left Island Cove at 12nn. It was raining but we still went to Aguinaldo Shrine because I've never been there. Only to find out that it is closed on Sundays!!!

We took a mini bus again to SM Bacoor then took a bus to Lawton. We arrived in manila at around 2:30 in the afternoon. We went straight to Quiapo to buy something. We visited Quiapo church first before we went to the store. We left Quiapo at around 3:15 pm and went straight to our house in Angono because it was my birthday... hehehe... My family prepared a simple dinner. I ate a lot!!! ahehehe... Madel (my youngest sister) baked a cake for me and Lanie (also my sister) made a special soup. They both know how to cook. Ü Don't dare ask me! :p

One of the best birthday celebreation I've had. Thanks to all of them. Ü

Going to Cavite City was a short but worth while travel experience. We will surely get back very soon...

• Last visit to Cavite City: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2010

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Cavite City

Have you been to Cavite City?

Latest Activity in Cavite City