"Go there once - Go there again" Abano Terme by annielwatkins
Abano Terme Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 36 photos
It was wonderful to go to Abano and be warm after so much rain in England. Abano has charming little lizards and palm trees and an extraordinary mixture of sophisticated and very unsophisticated living. There are very tall pine trees that bombard the unwary passer-by on the pavement with large pine cones.
Abano is in the hills which generate the spa water and the soil that the wine grapes grow in and those hills make the weather look unsettled a lot of the time. When I asked the receptionist what the weather was going to be like because it was overcast and I thought there would only be bright skies, she said - Abano is like that. - It was overcast and hot and dry, then it was bright and hot and dry. It did pour with rain the day we went to Venice, so I'm thinking one should always have an umbrella in Venice and the surrounding area.
All thermal bathing establishments have poolside showers, but if you have never experienced the itchiness of not... more travel advice
Abano Terme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Trek up Monte Venda....The Olivetani Monastery"
- "the right palce for a relaxing hot bath!"
- "leave your stress behind"
- "Go there once - Go there again"
- "An Italian town full of Germans"
- "Thermal town"
- "Terms and...tourist and old people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abano Terme
- Transportation in Abano Terme
- Restaurants in Abano Terme
- Warnings and Dangers in Abano Terme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abano Terme
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Abano Terme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abano Terme
No friends yet.