"Wild seals in the winter habor." Wakkanai by MAIGO
Wakkanai Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 29 photos
In Bakkai fishing harbor, there is a lots of wild saeals
(over 200) living winter season.
They called harbor seal,
Japanese said GOMAFU (spotted like sesami grain) AZARASHI (seal)
BUT! I call them GOMA-CYANZU!! without permission......
During severe winter, a lots of wild seals gther at the harbor.
They are completely excellent tourist attractions now.
In fact, they are hangers-on for local fishermen, but
they made a lighter for seals in a harbor.
GOMA-CYANZU(Seals), they are taking a nap on a
- Pros:Lovely Wild Creaturs
- Cons:very cold in winter......
- In a nutshell:They are the GOMA-CYANZU !
The menu is Japanese food (Japanese noodles, Udon, Soba.....) and pasta. There is sweets of the Japanese-style, too. ... more travel advice
MAIGO's Related Pages
Wakkanai Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wakkanai
- Restaurants in Wakkanai
- Warnings and Dangers in Wakkanai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakkanai
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Wakkanai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakkanai
Photos in WakkanaiSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- County Louth Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Dorset Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- County Donegal Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Meath Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- County Carlow Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Bodmin Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Higashikawa Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kilkenny Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos