"Marrakesh, 1001 nights experience." Marrakesh by gazellen
Marrakesh Travel Guide: 2,237 reviews and 6,149 photos
If you want to experience the more local life of Marrakesh, you should stay in the medina, the old center.
I would recomend you to stay in a Riad, the beautifull old traditional buildings.
This one is one of the cheaper
one. It´s quiet and away from the mainly touristic area:
71, Rue Legza. Marrakesh, medina. (private bathroom and breakfast for 25 euro).
For further information about accomodation etc. of Marrakesh see www.ilovemarrakesh.com
When you walk around in the many small streets and souks of Mararkesh, you will probaly feel like walking in a big labyrint.
Not all the streets were located on my map.
So opend op your eyes and ears, get lost in the small paved streets, and enjoy the scenery.
You will probaly get a diarrhea. I got !
If you don´t eat in the very fine restaurants, it´s better ( in my opinion) to eat on the street, in one of the many small restaurants were the men meets.
It`s very cheap and you see wat you get, before it is served.
The Morrocan soup together with grilled beef or chicken is excelent.
For dessert try an almond cake.
Don´t be afraid of the men here, if you are a women and travelling alone. Funny ! But, theese small places, is actually one of the spots, were they wont anoy you.
- Pros:1001 nights ambience. Many interesting things to experience: Cultural, historical, mountains not far, mecca for shopping, good food. The prayers from the mosque, don´t now what they sing, but I kind of like to wake up to the sound.
- Cons:If you are a woman and travelling alone, there is a big chance that you will get aproached by men, especially in the evening at "place El-Fna". Many don´t understand a NO. Dress proberly, and take a taxi home if you don´t want to get too bothered.
Phobia for dentists or not ! At least you see what you will loose, and what and the dentist will get !! more travel advice
The souks are the showcase of all that the best of Moroccan artisan tradition can offer. More than 10 000 craftsmen,... more travel advice
gazellen's Related Pages
Marrakesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Winter and Summer in Marrakesh"
- "Magical Marrakech"
- "Marrakech - Incredible but exhausting!"
- "Red City of Marrakech"
- "A “break” in Marrakesh"
- "Magical Marrakesh"
- "Marrakech - the Pink City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marrakesh
- Hotels in Marrakesh
- Transportation in Marrakesh
- Nightlife in Marrakesh
- Restaurants in Marrakesh
- Shopping in Marrakesh
- Warnings and Dangers in Marrakesh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marrakesh
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Marrakesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marrakesh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Laos Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Tibet Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris 5 reviews
- Cyprus Intro, 3 photos