"TOAMASINA" Toamasina by gazellen
Toamasina Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 65 photos
Toamasina is the major city of the east coast and the largest port of the contry. Long wide avenues, old colonial buildings, good selection of hotels and restaurants. A good place to find a quality french menu for very small money. Toamasina also has a bank with an ATM machine.
It is also the city of " pousse pousse". For the ecosysteme it´s a good alternative for the taxi, but it was a very strange an ambivalent feeling for me to sit in the pousse pousse, looking at a barefooted running man.
The colourful Bazary Be sells fuit, vegetables, snacks, exotic spices and handicraft.
Toamasina has a pleasant seaside promenade as well as a nice beach.
But don´t take a swim here sharks are watching you !!
- Cons:My travel friend had a bite from a skolopender in this towm. Bites from theese fellows can be really nasty.
gazellen's Related Pages
Toamasina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Spicy" and fragrant Toamasina city"
- "The Salty "Toamasina" AKA Tamatave"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toamasina
- Hotels in Toamasina
- Transportation in Toamasina
- Nightlife in Toamasina
- Restaurants in Toamasina
- Shopping in Toamasina
- Warnings and Dangers in Toamasina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toamasina
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Toamasina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toamasina
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Laos Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Tibet Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris 5 reviews
- Cyprus Intro, 3 photos