"Gazellen" gazellen's Profile
Hey, and wellcome to my homepage !
I have always been fascinated by travelling, and since I was child I have always been travelling some how, if not for real then in my fantasy.
For me travelling is about meeting all kind of different people and cultures. I´m very interested in all kind of tribes and etnic minorities, they can teach me something about life, that is good for a westerner with a the typical middel class background, to learn about.
So travelling becomes also about meeting myself, and learning more about myself, in some other environment. I also travel, because of a long lasting need to have periods in my life where I cut things down to a very basic lifestyle without television, mobile phone, computer etc...
Some "non travellers" have tried to convince me that travelling is a vaste of money, but thats not what I feel !
It has not always been easy for me to travel, sometimes it can actually be harder than a full time job. I have been squeezed into the most impossible positions in the most imposible forms of transportations, been running after toilets with the most imposible forms of diarrhea, been scammed, been sleaping with a scorpion, dealing with parasits and much more....
Where ever I have been I have met sufferance and happiness, but in some places there are more sufferance than in other, and not always human justice.
A good reward for me has been, that you can bring the travellers mind back home were you live, and learn to be a better traveller not only out there but also in your daily life...
What do I bring when travelling ? My back pack, commen sense, love and the 5 senses (listen, feel, look, taste and smell).
Some times it´s not so easy to fit in with my long legs !
I like all kind of travels. The funniest thing that I have ever done is to travel with some nice zebus...
Paris is my second home. I have lived there for 4 years. I often return to this nice city to vistit my friends and practise my french.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Moraine State Park Hotels
- Caribbean and Central America
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
- Palma de Mallorca Hotels
- Malvern Link Hotels
- Cala Millor
- Kalihi Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach
- Hat Yai
- Edinburgh Hotels
- Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Everglades City
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 72 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- gazellen and cachaseiro are now friends.
- Commented on one of MichaelFalk1969's Fes travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Gazellen"
- Posted in Travel Madagascar Forum "Re: 2 weeks in Madagascar in Ocober"
- Wrote a Review Home style french ! in Paris Restaurants
- updated a Laos Travel Page "LAOS, cute and quiet."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy the sunset at the mekon river"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Laos Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Tibet Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris 5 reviews
- Cyprus Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos