"EL CONDOR PASA" Peru by B_Caro
Peru Travel Guide: 7,826 reviews and 20,810 photos
<b>Peru, a land of contrasts</b>
Peru is a land of contrasts and extremes. At one side, you have this endless desert we saw from <b>Lima till Arequipa</b>. It was sand, dunes & rocks, everywhere you looked, hardly any vegetation and very hot.
Hot enough to conserve the mummies and bones which are lying in the sand of the<b> Cementerio de Chauchilla</b>. And not to forget, the mysterieus<b> Nasca lines</b>.
At the other side you see the impressive <b>Andes Mountains</b>, with high above <b>Lake Titicaca</b>. Close to Cuzco, there is the <b>Holy Urubamba valley</b>. And then of course, hidden in the clouds, “The lost City of the Inca’s”, <b>Machu Picchu</b> !
What a view ! Hiking the el <b>Camino Inca </b>for 4 days and entering by the <b>Intipunku </b>(or Sun Gate), and there you see it,<b> Machu Picchu</b> ! A breathtaking view ! We were very lucky that day that there were no clouds and no mist at all.
<b>FOR MORE PICS ABOUT EACH ITEM, TAKE ALSO A LOOK AT THE TRAVELOGUES</b>
Hike the Inca Trail ! To avoid overcrowded trails & campgrounds, we started at lunch time. Leaving at a different hour... more travel advice
Pisac: After visiting the ruins of Pisac, you can enjoy a fresh orange juice. Remember, the altitude here is about 3000... more travel advice
B_Caro's Related Pages
Peru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Gringa's Peru"
- "The heart of America"
- "Roads less traveled in Peru"
- "Proud to be peruvian!"
- "Peru, my first taste of the Andes and the jungle"
- "Paul2001's Travels Through Peru"
- "And, now, ladies and gentlemen : mas abajo !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peru
- Hotels in Peru
- Transportation in Peru
- Nightlife in Peru
- Restaurants in Peru
- Shopping in Peru
- Warnings and Dangers in Peru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peru
- 25 Reviews
- 191 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Peru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peru
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 181 photos, 14 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 8 travelogues
- India Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 7 reviews, 58 photos, 10 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dover Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues