"Good Friday procession in Mosta" Top 5 Page for this destination Mosta by B_Caro
Mosta Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 220 photos
I was on holiday in Malta during the Holy Week. Malta is a very religious country. Good Friday is one of the most important religious holidays. So, on Good Friday, it is like life in Malta stands still. Almost everything (shops, museums) is closed, except for some tourist shops.
So the best thing we could do that Friday was to visit a procession.
We decided to go to Mosta (also after advice of Anne and Doreen)
- In a nutshell:The view of Mosta is dominated by its huge dome
"During the last world war a bomb smashed the dome without exploding. At that moment the church was filled with... more travel advice
B_Caro's Related Pages
Mosta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rotunda of Mosta"
- "19.000 inhabitants & a giant cuppola"
- "Mosta - My Hometown"
- "Good Friday procession in Mosta"
- "Mosta - Miracle Church"
- "What to do while you are in Mosta."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mosta
- Transportation in Mosta
- Restaurants in Mosta
- Shopping in Mosta
- Warnings and Dangers in Mosta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mosta
- 3 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mosta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mosta
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 181 photos, 14 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 8 travelogues
- India Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 7 reviews, 58 photos, 10 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dover Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues