"Kortrijk - May 2009" Kortrijk by B_Caro
Kortrijk Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 692 photos
A big thank you for the splendid organisation to Filip, Patje & JP.
It was a great meeting !!
Take a look at my meeting photos:
Second Wild West Flanders Meeting
My Kortrijk page will be updated a bit later ;-)
In the beginning of July, I was with some friends in Ypres to participate in the Nocturnes 2000.
This is a "theatre walk" through the city of Ypres.
The route led along several theatrical performances on historical locations.
The scenes portrayed the history of the town through the centuries.
So we saw scenes about:
The ups and downs of a cloth merchant.
The life of the rich & poor in mediaeval times
The life of a stonemason
Life in the days of Dutch, French & Spanish rule in Flanders.
The master builder of the fortress
The Great War.....
More info & pics will be put under "Off the beaten path" and the travelogue at the right about Nocturnes2000.
The walk started at 7 p.m.
So we decided to pay a visit to Kortrijk and Ypres first.
The results of that daytrip you'll see in the following "must see activities".
We had a great day, even though it was raining almost the whole day.
Can you imagine how difficult it is to take pictures in the rain, without ruining your camera?
So many many thanks to my kind assistant for carrying my umbrella while I was taking snaps ;-)))))
Bedankt Luc ;-)))
Believe it or not, these pictures were really taken in July (=summer) although it looks more like March or November.
But then again, this is typical Belgian weather!
YPRES/IEPER : Take a walk along the 'Vestingroute Ieper' This is a 2.6 km walk on the ancient fortress around the city.... more travel advice
visit the St.Maarten Church and the St. Elisabeth Beguinage. more travel advice
B_Caro's Related Pages
Kortrijk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KORTRIJK VT MEETING 9th MAY 2009"
- "Meeting in kortrijk"
- "VT meeting"
- "Kortrijk / Courtrai"
- "Kortrijk with our guides Patrick and Lea"
- "K O R T R I J K"
- "7 Centuries in 1 day (and 41 VT-ers to entertain!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kortrijk
- Hotels in Kortrijk
- Transportation in Kortrijk
- Nightlife in Kortrijk
- Restaurants in Kortrijk
- Shopping in Kortrijk
- Warnings and Dangers in Kortrijk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kortrijk
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kortrijk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kortrijk
Photos in KortrijkSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 181 photos, 14 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 8 travelogues
- India Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 7 reviews, 58 photos, 10 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dover Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues