"County Clare" Lisdoonvarna by edwis
Lisdoonvarna Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 14 photos
from County Kerry to County Clare saved us 85 driving miles. We headed up to the small village of Lisdoonvarna our base for the next three days, to stay at Ballinsheen House, a Rick Steves recommended B&B. Unbeknown to us, Lisdoonvarna hosts an annual “Matchmaker” event each weekend during the month of September that brings together singles seeking partners. This year, for the first time, the initial weekend was the “Gay/Lesbian Outing” festival. We enjoyed all the excitement of the town, day and night. Gays and Guinness do click.
A short drive from Lisdoonvarna are the Cliffs of Moher, where we hiked for three hours on the trail along the cliffs. The scenery will be a life-long memory. But the weather was so cold and windy that we had to purchase stocking caps from the gift shop, which turned out to be necessary at several other stops in Clare and Galway. Nothing like the sea breeze off the North Atlantic.
edwis' Related Pages
Lisdoonvarna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lookin for love in all the wrong places"
- "Healing Minerals, Budding Romance"
- "County Clare"
- "Father Ted's House"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisdoonvarna
- Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisdoonvarna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisdoonvarna
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Lisdoonvarna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisdoonvarna
Top 10 Pages
- Slano Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tossa Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Longboat Key Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Athlone Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Saint-Rémy Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.