"PISA" Pisa by edwis
Pisa Travel Guide: 1,455 reviews and 4,081 photos
seems to indicate that it is not much of a place to visit or stay, so that was why we actually chose close by Lucca instead. We park our car and walk a short distance to see some famous sites. Of course we stop by the Piazza dei Mircoli and see the beautiful Duomo church and the Leaning Tower. This is where we saw the bus load of all the Japanese tourists with their cameras around their necks. It was classic.
Once you walk about 6 blocks beyond the tourist shops, we were very surprised to find a wonderful and grand old Pisa. First there is the university area of old historic buildings with the various student associations, then you come upon the Arno River which is lined with old buildings and sidewalks. It was very reminiscent of some scenes in Paris.
houses are preserved in a park area and it was fun to imagine how people came there, bathed in this public setting, and then went on their way. Pisa turned out to be one the best little Italian cities for roaming around we found and we never planned to spend any time there at all. Along the way we found a tiny little chapel from the 11th century, sunken over time about 4 feet lower in the ground compared to all the other buildings around it. We liked Pisa alot and would make a point to actually stay there next time.
After a week or so here in the Tuscany region, Joan commits to a desire to start making some rustic and crusty breads when we get back home. Sounds good to me!
edwis' Related Pages
Pisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More then just the leaning tower"
- "PISA is a lot more than just the leaning tower"
- "Citta con torre ubbriacato"
- "Pisa, gateway to Tuscany"
- "Beautiful Pisa"
- "So much more than a tower!"
- "A pleasant surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisa
- Hotels in Pisa
- Transportation in Pisa
- Nightlife in Pisa
- Restaurants in Pisa
- Shopping in Pisa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisa
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Pisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisa
Photos in PisaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Slano Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tossa Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Longboat Key Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Athlone Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Saint-Rémy Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.