"Canoe the Dordogne River from here" Vitrac by edwis
Vitrac Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
We spent a day at the Saturday Market in Sarlat and we had so much fun that we went back that evening for dinner and entertainment. The streets were full of street musicians and entertainers, the most street artists we have ever seen at one place. We were glad we stayed out in the country, since the busyness of the city was constant.
On Eric’s advice, we rented our canoes starting out in Vitrac, canoeing on the Dordogne River to La Roque Gageac, then to Beynac. Beynac is the village where the movie “Chocolate” was filmed. We stopped along the way and explored villages and rested. It took us over 3 ½ hours. Then we got a free shuttle bus ride back to the starting point. Along the way were the caves of prehistoric cliff dwellers, chateaus, and swimming in the shallow river.
Since most of the villages are only about 10-30 minutes apart, we spent our eight days there discovering several of the villages. We learned that if a town ends in “nac” or “ac” that means it is on water.
edwis' Related Pages
Vitrac Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vitrac
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Vitrac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vitrac
Top 10 Pages
- Slano Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tossa Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Longboat Key Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Athlone Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Saint-Rémy Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.