"The Berkshires are WICKED GOOD!!!" Lenox by KYliesYoga

Lenox Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 22 photos

Go see the lakes & take a drive in the mountains

There are so many lakes & mountains here, and they are pristine. The lake was gorgeous, and at the Lenox beach, by the Black Swan Inn, there was only us & two other locals. Where there are houses, they are super old charming farmhouses.

yes..and the mountains...

Ok. I thought that my Sunday afternoon drive was dead & gone forever after leaving my hometown in Clovis, Ca.

I would get in my car, and listen to my music loudly, roll all the windows are down, and take those hairpin turns like crazy!! It's so exhillarating!!

Well, five years later, I had finally found the countryside again...and my sunday drive.

In lenox, you take route 7 ( called route "20 and 7") towards pittsfield. At the gas station, you take a right, and follow the road out. There's lakes up there too!! Amazing view, tons of old farm houses.

The winter

In the winter there is ice fishing...and being from California and THE DESERT, this was an experience for me!! Just seeing these huge bodies of water completely frozen & people walking around was.....indescribable for me.

There is not enough room for me to post pics!!
The snow was beautiful, we were snowed on all the way until the end of April. I found myself loving it at first in January, but by April, as a Cali girl, I was sick of it, and ready for the SUNSHINE.

But, nonetheless, I DID get out & go hiking more than once in like 8 F degree weather. It is SO peaceful.
and when I was stuck indoors, it helped me get back into painting & creating art. That was much needed!

Of Course....It's always Wicked Good.

As far as that intro line....it cracked me up...everyone here, from my chemistry teacher...a man with gray hair in his 50s, to my hairdresser, to my friends three year old...say 'that's WICKED GOOD!!' when they get excited. Try not to laugh!!
Of course, I say HELLA GOOD being from northern california, so I can't really talk now can I?

So I saw Ralph Nader speak at the community college while I was there. Freaking Cool!!!
Tuition is so high there...that I guess they spend it by having really big name speakers come to speak - every semester. The ironic thing is...that hardly ANY students went to see him!! He had us raise our hands, and in a bigger than movie size auditorium, I was one of probably 10 kids. In California, if they could ever afford a name like that at a CC, there would be tons of students! Well, I just love seeing how different people can be! They have a really good art program, and hiking programs, and tons of free stuff too.
The Berkshires really are a great place.

• Pros:far away from everything
  • Cons:far away from everything
  • In a nutshell:Charming!
  • Last visit to Lenox: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2007

Comments

KYliesYoga Used To Live Here!

KYliesYoga

“Stay curious and you will travel to the ends of the earth”

Ranked Member