"Midieval French Battle Town" Les Beaux by pdxmatt
Les Beaux Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
Lets say that the king was coming knocking on your peaceful little hill town. Bet you would love to have one of these bad boys. After you have given paranoid King Louis XIII the middle finger you can launch rocks at him the size of a grand piano with your very own trebuchet. They also had catapults, but lets face it after you ran out of small rocks for the catapult you could just load it in this monster and launch it too.
Not only do you have a stock of great wepons like trebuchets and catapults, but you also have a 100 mile view to really get your aim adjusted. Beyond being a very defensive position you also have amazing views. When you not launching rocks at your enemy you can kick it, chill out with some great french win and just watch the sunset. The French really do know how to do it right, even in midieval times.
Yes Les Baux was a regional powerhouse, but was distroyed King Louis in 1632. If I remember correctly it was because the locals had a big head on their shoulder and challenged the king for authority on the area. A good look around what is left of the city shows that they might have though a little to highly of themselves.
- Pros:Fantastic battle top town, great views, engaging historical site
- Cons:hard to find parking in high season, audio tour is kind of lame.
pdxmatt's Related Pages
Les Beaux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Midieval French Battle Town"
- "A Magnificent Little Town In The South Of France"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Les Beaux
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Les Beaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Les Beaux
Photos in Les BeauxSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Split Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Dingle Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Les Beaux Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bled Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos