"The biggest province of the Philippines" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Quezon by yellowcab
Province of Quezon Travel Guide: 416 reviews and 1,760 photos
Quezon is one of the largest provinces of the Philippines and is located southeast of Metro Manila. It is almost at the middle of the Philippine Islands and was named after Manuel L. Quezon, the second President of the Philippines, and its capital is Lucena City.
The name of the province id often confused with a similar name of a city in Metro Manila. Quezon City is located in Metro Manila, a region to the west of CALABARZON, while Quezon province is in eastern CALABARZON.
A major tourism draw of the province is the famed Mt. Banahaw. The mountain is surrounded by spiritual mysticism. Many cults and religious organizations stay in the mountains and numerous Catholics visit the mountain during Holy Week.
Pahiyas Festival: held every May 15. It is an annual harvest festival and fest of San Isidro Labrador. Locals compete for the prize by coverieng their houses with multicolored rice starch decorations called kiping. And lots of fruits and vegeatables.
GUMACA: quiet seatown
It is a cool mountain town hidden away in the foothills of Mount Banahaw.
- Pros:majestic old Spanish churches, tasty longganissas, pansit lukbans
- Cons:long travel time, dangerous Bitukang manok road
Known locally as the "Old Zigzag Road", but its most famous dreaded name "The Bitukang Manok" literally in English,... more travel advice
One of the most popular tourist attractions in Lucban Quezon. You can be healed here of your sickness as you pray & walk... more travel advice
yellowcab's Related Pages
Province of Quezon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quezon Province - Visit to Villa Escudero"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Quezon"
- "The biggest province of the Philippines"
- "A Big Province"
- "Pahiyas Festival"
- "Biggest Province"
- "Quezon Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Quezon
- Hotels in Province of Quezon
- Transportation in Province of Quezon
- Nightlife in Province of Quezon
- Restaurants in Province of Quezon
- Shopping in Province of Quezon
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Quezon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Quezon
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Province of Quezon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Quezon
- Posted in Travel Kanchanaburi Forum "Re: Recommendations"
- updated a Province of Quezon Travel Page "The biggest province of the Philippines"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The biggest province of the Philippines"
- Wrote a Review Steep ZigzagRoads at Bitukang Manok in Province of Quezon Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of asianbelle's Province of Quezon travel pages
Photos in Province of QuezonSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Manila Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Quezon Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Province of Pampanga Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Province of Batangas Intro, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasig Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Novaliches Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quezon City Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Tagaytay City Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue