"We must travel in the direction of our fear" yellowcab's Profile

YELLOWCAB's RECENT TRIP: VANCOUVER, CANADA

One of the few VT thing that is running on YellowCab's mind recently:

VANCOUVER
Vancouver
Trip to Vancouver .

Welcome to YELLOWCAB’s homepage!

Wonder how I got my travel name of YELLOWCAB?
YellowCAB. was derived from my real name of Edwin Dilao. “Dilaw” which almost sounds my name is a common Filipino term for the pastel color YELLOWCAB. And since I love going to unknown/exciting places, I took the CAB - the most ideal companion of an adventurous traveller like me.

Please have a seat now as I drive you around my wonderful trips around the world.

Whats' New?

UPCOMING RUN:
Still on a training mode!

PAST RUNS:
MIZUNO INFINTY 15K RUN @ Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City Mar 30, 2008
NEW BALANCE 10K RUN @ Clark, Pampangga : Nov 11, 2007
ADIDAS 5K Gawad Kalinga Charity Run : Oct 27, 2007

It is so exciting to do things you really love!
Expect to see more pics along the way! See you there!
(Should you be interested to try something new out of your travel to Manila, please let me know so I can help you! I would love to be of service & organize VT runs with you all)

TRY CHECKING THIS SITE FOR THE UPDATED SCHEDULE OF PHILIPPINE MARATHON & FUN RUNS.

Whatever our reasons are. We can be WINNERS out of RUNNING!

Some run to compete..,
Some run for a heart treat..,
Some run for a social meet..,
Some run to achieve a feat..,

While some run to travel by their feet..,(and thats me!)

YELLOWCAB's RECENT TRIPS

SEP 2012
VANCOUVER (Vancouver Canada)

MARCH 2009
VT Trip at LA

Whaleshark "Butanding" Adventures @ DONSOL, SOROSOGON

JULY 2008
CENTRAL THAILAND TRIP (Bangkok, Thailand)
BATANGAS VT MEET(Lian, Batangas, Philippines)

FEB 2008
INT'L AIR BALLOON FESTIVAL w/ Vters(Clark, Philippines)

LIPA CITY TRIP (Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines) w/ Family
ECOPARK ADVENTURE w/ family (Novaliches, Quezon City, Philippines)

JAN 2008
TAGAYTAY TRIP (Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines) w/ Vters

NOV 2008

NEW BALANCE 5K RUN
(Clark, Philippines)

OCT 2007
SAN MIGUEL BEER OKTOBERFEST* (Ortigas, Manila, Philippines) w/ Vters

SEPT 2007
CHINATOWN TRIP (Old Manila, Philippines)

JULY 2007
FRIEND's WEDDING (Gumaca-Lucban Quezon, Philippines)

MAY 2007

CORON BUSINESS TURNED PLEASURE TRIP
(Coron, Palawan)

APR-MAY 20O4
HK BUSINESS TRIP(Hong Kong)

My Home: Novaliches, Quezon City Philippines

I was born in Makati but has lived most of my life here in Novaliches, Quezon City, Philippines. It is a towncity about 17 km northwest of Manila. Most Manilenyos considered it a "province" because of the distance and the time it takes (more than an hour) to travel here from Manila.

Whatever they say, we love it here because of its GREEN surroundings. Novaliches is one of the most untouched parts of metropolis because there are still a lot of open spaces esp in the parts of Fairview. (this is where I jog every weekend mornings!)

Novaliches is a great place in Manila to do your Sports & ECO-TRAVELS.
The following are the list of things you can do here!

1. Swimming

7. Biking
8.Rapelling
9. Wall Climbing
10. Running and more

The air is much cleaner, free from the pollution, less traffic jams(courtesy of the best mayor of the Philippines- Mayor SB) as compared to downtown Manila.
Our proximity to the mountains makes us almost flood free. This is why we love it here.

YellowCAB's favorites:

1. My Energizers(FOOD):
Filipino Foods (Caldereta, Lengua Estofado), Italian foods(Spaghetti, Carbonarra and Pizza pies), Indian Curries, Cheeese Ice creams, choco & ube cakes.

2. What refreshes me most: (DRINKS): Any tropical fruity smoothies, beer, red wines & cavas.

3. Where I like to drive: (Scenery): Palawan eco-jungles and lagoons

4. Sounds on my Mp3s (SONGS): Tracy Chapman, Mariah Carey, RNB, Jazz, OPM(Rivermaya, Eraserheads, Alamid, APO, Ogie Alcasid)

5. My Books: Dale Carnegie books, Greek Mythologies, John Maxwell, history books, atlases, encyclopedia, gen-info books, maps, travel books, "Its not about the Bike" by L. Armstrong

6. My Movies: Braveheart, Coach Carter, Chasing Liberty, Rush Hour, It Could Happen to You,

7. My Other Activities(SPORTS): Basketball, Badminton, Marathon & Running, & Cycling(Looking forward to see the Tour de France someday!)

8. My DREAM passengers (Sport Role Models): Lance Armstrong, LeBron James, Alonzo Mourning, Steve Nash

9. When I am not driving(Miscellaneous): Travel, building VT pages too, photography, learning about different cultures & history, learning languages, internet, selling wines

My little backgrounder!

I am the third of four. The BIG thorn among the 3 roses.
My eldest sister has moved recently to Melbourne, Australia. (together w/ my two nieces) and my other sis is in Vancouver, Canada. The youngest one is still here with us. Though we are oceans apart, still we managed to communicate from time to time. (thanks to this Internet!). We are looking forward to visit them in a couple of years from now! ***Watch for it.

My roots

I am almost half Filipino, a little Indian and a bit of a Spanish. May not look like a typical Filipino because of my Spanish-Indian looks and 5-11' height which is an above-average height for Pinoys. My family traces its roots from San Jacinto, Masbate. A small town in Ticao located in the middle of the Philippines just south of Luzon Island. Research tells me that Ticao used to be a stopover destination of Spanish galleon trade ships traversing the Acapulco-Manila in the 16th and 19th centuries. This is where my dad got his Spanish blood. While my dark complexion & deep setted eyes came from my mom’s parents in Donsol, Sorsogon (popularly known for its famous butanding whale sharks). It was in some parts of Sorsogon where the Indian cavaliers or the “Sepoys“ migrated after they deserted their British comrades during their invasions in the Philippines in the 1600s.

• Intro Updated Feb 19, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
yellowcab's Profile Photo

yellowcab

“"We must travel in the direction of our fear." - John Berryman, US Poet”

Real Name